For smaller nonprofits, having an efficient and knowledgeable team is vital to your organization’s impact. According to Nonprofit Hub, providing opportunities for your staff to grow professionally leads to increased employee engagement and fosters a culture of learning, which can keep your team focused on your mission.
With the challenge of a small budget, extensive or elaborate education may not be an option. However, there are many opportunities for your nonprofit’s team to grow and develop professional skills without spending a large portion of your budget. Taking advantage of resources such as free webinars, workshops, and websites can take your nonprofit’s impact to the next level.
Here are four low-cost development resources for your organization.
- Candid offers free live and on-demand workshops on important topics such as proposal writing, fundraising planning, and starting nonprofits. They also regularly offer training on how to navigate the Candid site and utilize its resources.
- NonprofitReady is a free learning library for nonprofits that offers guidebooks and courses on diversity and inclusion, volunteer management, board development, and more.
- CharityVillage offers free webinars, articles, and podcasts for industry professionals. Their resources offer insight on topics such as volunteer engagement, marketing, and job searches.
- TechSoup provides low-cost courses and webinars on topics such as engaging donors, grant writing, and mastering new databases.
- Nonprofit Learning Lab offers online trainings and free webinars on a variety of topics such as data visualization and social media for nonprofits.