Spokes is not accepting new memberships at this time.
So You Want to Start a Nonprofit?
Similar to starting any business, establishing a successful and impactful nonprofit takes planning, research, time, money, and an incredible amount of fortitude.
At Spokes, we strongly believe that the decision to start a nonprofit should not be taken lightly. There are between 1300-2700 nonprofits in San Luis Obispo County — too many for them all to be effective. Often, there are other ways to achieve your goals with greater efficiency. We’d love to discuss your ideas before you get started to help you save time and money. We offer three ways to connect:
- Attend our workshop “So You Want to Start a Nonprofit?”
- Set-up an initial consultation – 30 minutes for $35
- Join Spokes as a First Gear Member
- The Challenges of New Nonprofits
- Starting with Collaboration
- Unincorporated Nonprofit Associations
- Steps to Starting a Nonprofit
- Assessing the Need
- Fiscal Sponsorship
We hope to hear from you!