Spokes classes and roundtables are designed to help our local nonprofit leaders learn the basics of best management practices. But, sometimes you need a little more help. We know it can be challenging to take the concepts you learn in our classes and apply them within the unique context your nonprofit. That’s why we have the Spokes Consulting Program – to help you bridge the gap between learning and doing.
Some groups struggle with implementing what they learn at Spokes because of a lack of resources – both time and people. Other groups get pulled off track because new unexpected issues or challenges pop up. And still, others struggle because they need an objective accountability partner and cheerleader to keep them motivated. No matter what the obstacle is that keeps your organization from moving forward in its goals, the Spokes Consulting Team can help you overcome it.
Previously, Spokes provided consulting services primarily through its staff. With demands for consulting assistance growing steadily over the past two years, we have begun actively recruiting local experts to join the Spokes Consulting Team. Every Spokes Consultant has been carefully vetted to ensure that they are able to provide Spokes members with simple, realistic plans of action tailored to their needs. And, they have all agreed to share their expertise at a greatly reduced rate to provide you with the assistance you need at a rate you can afford.
Ready to start working with a Spokes Consultant? Here’s what you need to know:
- Managing our expanded Consulting Team will require increased staffing, technology, and insurance costs. Therefore, as of August 1, the hourly rate for Spokes Consulting services will be $75/hour. We are happy to provide free intake sessions to understand your needs and provide you with accurate estimates prior to any charges are incurred.
- To request consulting services, members can login and complete our new online form. Our software system will help us document and store any work your organization completes with a Spokes Consulting Team member so that we can share it with your successors and help provide continuity for your organization.
- Please remember, working with a Spokes Consultant will require a willingness to make the operational changes that s/he identifies and recommends. Prior to completing the online request form, try to designate someone in your organization to “own” and lead the change process and serve as the primary contact for your Spokes Consultant.
Still not sure if you need a Spokes Consultant? Do any of these scenarios sound familiar to you? If so, we have a variety of affordable and effective consulting services to offer you.
- Your nonprofit is growing and evolving and your board is struggling to understand its new role and responsibilities toward the changing needs of the organization.
- A key staff person is leaving your organization and you’re not sure how to find someone to replace him or her.
- You are struggling to find new board members to join your board or accept officer positions.
- You’re unsure of how to best manage a low-performing employee.
- You know you need to grow your organization, but you don’t know how to do that responsibly.
- You are writing an important grant and you want to make sure it’s “perfect.”
- Your bylaws have 30 pages of amendments and no one can make heads or tails of them.
- You want to host a community workshop or focus group and you need a facilitator.
- You need help resolving interpersonal conflicts between board members or staff or both.
- You would like a little coaching on how to make a great elevator pitch for your organization.
- You have an upcoming event to promote or press announcement and need some guidance or assistance.
- You operational policies are outdated or missing.
- You would like training on how to ask a donor for a major gift.
Facing another type of challenge not listed here? Tell us! We’re happy to create customized consulting solutions as you need them. The Spokes Consulting Team can always help you get to where you want to go…