Sometimes doing good work flies under the radar—
That’s what happens with many of our Central Coast nonprofits. We know this at Spokes because we work year-round to support the needs of dedicated individuals who lead, govern, and otherwise contribute to the daily operations of the causes you are so passionate about.
And the feedback we receive tells us we’re on the right track. Here’s what one workshop participant said about the services she had at Spokes this year:
“After participating in two wonderful leadership training’s through Spokes in the last two months, I feel so incredibly blessed for the opportunity to connect with organizational experts and peers, all interested in how we can make the world and the people we attempt to manage more empowered and successful on so many levels.” Aimee Wyatt, SLO Natural Foods Co-op
Please Click Here to help Spokes expand support for nonprofits in 2019.
Spokes really does a lot with a small staff, subcontracted consultants, and volunteer faculty. Look at this quick sampling of our work in 2018:
- Spokes is available for all nonprofits and we now have 159 nonprofit member organizations or individuals who have access to all of our resources.
- Thanks to support from PG&E, we launched the first ever Board Academy on the Central Coast in October. A full day of intensive training on board governance, fiduciary responsibilities, and fundraising methods was delivered to 17 dedicated community volunteers who serve on nonprofit boards.
- We worked together with MyBoardPacket to bring this valuable product to our members at a deeply discounted rate. This online board management system provides better security for nonprofit historical records of board meetings, voting, and other governance business.
- Nearly 600 board members, nonprofit staff, and volunteers participated in 67 workshops and leadership roundtables.
- More than 50 nonprofits received 250 hours of expert consulting on topics ranging from strategic planning, bylaw reviews, marketing, fundraising, executive leadership, compliance and other topics.
- The nonprofit community held more than 115 events in our conference room and 100+ nonprofit donors, friends, staff, and volunteers networked together at our Happy Hub Hours.
A Board President said this about her work with Spokes:
“Spokes gives us a great jump-start; we don’t have to reinvent the wheel! Being a new organization and mostly volunteer run, we have to keep forging ahead so we can serve the community AND keep our promise to our donors. Spokes is key to helping us do that!” Marcia Alter, HomeShare SLO
Please Click Here to support Spokes’ ability to serve even more nonprofits in 2019.
We are proud of the success Spokes has achieved this year —but there is still so much more to do.
Nonprofits are facing challenging times in keeping up with new tax laws, new accounting considerations, and increasing competition for support – just to name a few areas. In response, we are strengthening our current programs and developing new services to meet your special needs.
So expect updated, new, and more responsive programming from Spokes in 2019.
You can join our popular Executive Directors/CEO Roundtables and Board President/Chair Roundtables in San Luis Obispo and now in northern San Luis Obispo County.
If you serve on a board, you’ll have two chances to attend the Board Academy and gain skills to achieve excellence in your board service.
A newly formed Nonprofit Leaders Advisory group will ensure that we keep a finger on the pulse of your needs on an ongoing basis.
These are just a few of the activities we have planned with many more to come.
Your support will be used to help Spokes increase our membership base and to deliver these needed services in 2019.
To meet this goal, we are launching a new effort to raise $75,000 so we can expand our programming to serve more nonprofits.
That’s why I’m asking, if you would be willing to make a special year-end donation of $50, $100, or whatever amount you wish to help us expand our work?
Please know, that when you support the work of Spokes, you join us in working to assure sustainability for our nonprofits – and it means SO MUCH to the entire nonprofit sector when they see your name on our supporters list!
We use every dollar donated to reach multiple nonprofits who, in turn, provide their services for thousands of people and causes in our communities.
Please, Click Here to give your support now. By partnering with Spokes, your gift will benefit hundreds of nonprofit organizations and make a meaningful, lasting impact in the success of our nonprofit community.
Thank you for your continued support and friendship.
Consuelo Meux, Ph.D., CEO
Spokes Resources for Nonprofits
P.S. Your support of Spokes helps to empower hundreds of nonprofits throughout the Central Coast and there’s so much to do in this coming year. Please consider Spokes with a year-end gift of $50, $100 or whatever amount you wish to give to help us meet our efforts to expand programming for nonprofits. Click Here to donate now!